Recently Windows 10 has been announced and it rolling as a Free upgrade to the existing genuine 8,8.1 and 7 OS users. You can upgrade your OS for free through Windows update and also the Get Windows X (GWX app) that appears in the notification bar. If you want to know how to upgrade you Windows OS for Free Read my previous post to Reserve your Free copy of Windows X. Though the Windows X upgrade icon appears automatically, some of the users have reported that the icon is missing for them and even they cannot reserve their copy of Windows X through Windows update store. So, In this post I'm going to explain you two ways of getting the Windows 10 upgrade icon if it's missing on your desktop.
Method #1 to get Windows X upgrade Icon
- First Download the ZIP file from Dropbox.
- Extract the Downloaded file from the compressed folder and place it on you deskotp. You will have a Windows Batch File titled win10fix_full in the extracted folder.
- Right-click on the Windows Batch file, select Run as administrator and then click the Run button to open the file when prompted.
- After the batch program file stats running, press any key to continue twice to get to the Main Menu.
- You will have four methods to try to make Windows X upgrade icon to appear. Select your option and check if you can find the icon on your Taskbar.
In case you are struck and the icon didn't appear the try out the second method.
Method#2 to get Windows 10 Icon on Windows desktop1. Open up Notepad and copy and paste
2. Save File as GWX.CMD as select All Files.
REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" :CompatCheckRunning schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning :RunGWX schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"
3. Run the Batch file as administrator.
4. If your system is genuine and OK You will see the Windows upgrade Logo on your Task Bar(Right hand Side).
5. Follow the onscreen instructions by entering your e-mail address and tick the button and you should be fine. The icon will appear as show below.
If you still face any problems, make a comment below and let me help you.