Actually when you login to any of your online accounts, your user name will be saved in the web browser to save your time when you login again later. But, if you are logging in through any other laptop other than your personal one, you may not like everyone to know about your username or accidentally typed your password in the user name field.
In such situations, you want to delete that from web browser completely.Google chrome doesn't allow you to directly delete the data through auto fill form data. Deleting Auto-fill form data only works for online forms. So, I've tried to explain how to delete the usernames for sites such as Facebook or gmail or any other site. I've tried it on Chrome but I think this procedure works on other browsers as well.
How to delete Auto-fill form data:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select the option "Settings".
- Click Show advanced settings and find the "Passwords and forms" section in the settings page.
- Click on Manage Autofill settings.
- In the dialog that appears on screen, select the entry you'd like to delete from the list or edit it.
Some times you may like to turn auto-fill off all in online forms. Follow this procedure
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar at the top right.
- Select -"Settings".
- Click Show advanced settings and find the "Passwords and forms" section.
- Deselect the "Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click" checkbox.
Remove auto-complete data entrie or entry in address / URL bar in Google Chrome
This procedure does the magic of deleting the usernames that are already saved.
- Select the "Username" field and make sure it is blank
- Press ↓(down arrow) on your keyboard, this brings down a drop down of all of the "remembered" entries.
- Using ↑(up arrow) & ↓(down arrow) highlight on the entry that you would like to delete.
- Press shift key + delete.
- Note that you may need to use delete, fn+delete, ctrl+delete in some instances, like if the remembered entry is in the address / URL bar.
- Repeat 2 to 5 steps until satisfied.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have any suggestions, drop a comment below.