Internet Download Manager can enhance your download speeds by upto five times than the normal downloads in Browsers, according to the designer of the application. Internet Download Manager, as it is believed is the best download manager at the moment available in comparison with various other download managers like DAP, Orbit, Microsoft Lightweight Download Manager and many others. Here are the best tips on how to make idm download faster than ever before.
Method 1 to increase Internet Download Manager Speed
Step 1Start Internet Download Manager if you are not presently running it. Click "Downloads" on the Internet Download Manager menu bar and head over to "Speed Limiter." Click "Turn off" to ensure that future downloads will maximize your download connection's speed.
Step 2Go back to the "Downloads" menu and click "Options." Navigate to the "Connection" tab and set the "Connection Type/Speed" to "LAN 10Mbs" so that Internet Download Manager will use more of your connection's bandwidth for downloading files and make idm download faster.
Set the "Default max. conn. number" setting to "8" which is a good setting to improve download data transfer rates without stressing the server web host the file being downloaded by IDM. Click the "OK" button to close the configuration window as well as apply the settings.
Step 3Close any other running applications that might be using your Internet or Online connection, for instance, browsers together with active downloads available or programs that actively fetch data online. Download a file utilizing Internet Download Manager(IDM) or resume a download in your queue, in addition, close your online browser again to spot the Increased Speed.
That's it, now idm speed has been hacked. Enjoy the doubled IDM download speed. If this trick doesn't work try the below one.
Method 2 Trick to increase IDM download speed using IDM Optimizer 2015
IDM optimizer is a small program that works as a cheat engine changing the registry entries to boost the download speed. idm speed booster is a free tool available on Internet.
- Click here to get the IDM Optimizer or speed booster Software
- Now make sure IDM is installed on your PC, as this tool will simply optimize your Download speed only if IDM is actually present in your system
- After downloading the IDM Optimizer, launch the program. Now you will see the window as shown below
- Click on optimize option to Increase your Download speed
- If you want to restore your default configurations than you'll be able to click in Restore Default.
That’s it, by now your IDM download Speed must have been boosted, and optimized IDM for faster downloads than ever.
Tips For IDM on Windows 8
- If you use Windows 8, it's also possible to load this "Task Manager" by pressing this "Ctrl-Shift-Esc" keyboard combination. Then you can click "More Details" and find out which programs are employing Internet bandwidth by selecting the "Network" option. If you click the "End Task" button to stop the programs that use in excess of 0Mbps (meaning them to consume more of your Internet bandwidth), you can increase your IDMspeeds.
- Be sure you download just one file at any given time using Internet Download Manager if you wish the file to finish downloading more rapidly. Downloading more number of files applying Internet Download Manager would not decrease the program's entire speed, though the speeds of every download will likely be divided equally among each download.
Thank you for reading this post. If you have any queries regarding Optimizing IDM for maximum download speed, then please drop a comment and let me know.